Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I'm dizzy and feel funny (not due to last nights ale)

Recently, I was reading another theist blog, and a car wreck was mentioned.

The accident involved a Jeep w/ 3 occupants.   The appeared to have lost control on an icy road. 

So god was NOT looking out for them, they were all shaken up, the driver totaled his car, may have gotten a ticket, and their day at the ski area was thwarted.   Of course the apologetics will, unreasonably of course, argue that 1) it was a miracle that they were okay and 2) that god was protecting them.

First of all it was not a miracle, it was a combination of seatbelts,  modern automotive engineering, metallurgy, gravity, intertia, and a soft medium (snow).   These are all tangilble things, yet the unreasonable will still rely on faith and theism to make their point.   Once again science wins, and fantasy fails.......     As for god protecting them, s(he) did not protect them.  If this guy is so powerful and all knowing why did he let these 'good christian' kids slam into a power pole?    The apologist would answer that again 1) god was testing their faith and 2) that it would have been much worse w/out the guy in the sky.

Are you getting dizzy? The apologists want you to run in a circle until logic and rationality are replaced with a dizzy nauseous feeling that causes your mind to do weird things like think an accident was a blessing from god.

 " Thanks god,  I beleive in you, worship you, and you reward me with a car accident to test my faith and show your love.   I'd also like to thank you for not making the accident worse and for not allowing my totaled car also burst into flames.  "  

People's unhealthy attraction to god seems to me like some women's justification for being abused.   They feel their husband/spouse/partner loves them so much that he has to occasionally hurt them because they aren't good enough.  They will live with guilt that they are abused, somehow thier controlling partner has convinced them that they deserve their 'punishment'.  Religion is no different, but oddly enough people got through their lives in fear of a 'god' that NO ONE has ever seen.  


As stupid as it is to thank god for someone's misery I have to say I feel a little sorry for these idiots.  Whenever I hurt myself I am usually mad at myself for doing something stupid that caused myself to hurt myself.    I once severely burned myself, the cause was my stupidity, nothing more.   I also healed quickly and other than a little nerve damage I am just fine.   I credit my recovery to SCIENCE, listening to my doctor, and keeping on top of caring of my injuries.   A religous person would most likely credit all this to god.   If there was a god I would be pissed that I missed 2 months of work because he didn't save me from myself.  Of course, I'm a rational person that can take responsibility for my actions regardless of how careless they are.

Do you ever wonder why religious nuts have health insurance, car insurance, flood insurance, etc....    I thought that was all up to god.........

-rg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can comment, but personally attacking people IS NOT allowed. Argue ideas, beliefs, and values as you may, but leave attacks elsewhere.

Also mentioning you will pray for my soul is a surefire way to be banned. In addition to being unproductive and a waste of time it only serves to show a complete lack of spine. These are the rules, and I am the reigning deity.